Tasks of Clinical Team....
Mareas offers individual child, adolescent, adult therapy and counselling services for a range of emotional and behavioural difficulties, including but not limited to:
• Aggression ODD
Psychotherapists, play therapists and social workers use a range of evidence-based modalities and work from a multidisciplinary approach within the context of the child's life, for example, the family or school. They may see a child individually, in a group with other children, or with caregivers or other family members. They may also see caregivers without the child being present.
• Providing assessment and treatment as individuals or in a group
• Providing short-term and long-term interventions with children & youth from 6 sessions to regular appointments over course of the year
• Working alongside other professionals in planning how best to help a child and the child's family, in schools, the community, children's services and child protection agencies
• Working as part of multidisciplinary teams comprising psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, pediatric nurses, special educational teachers, other therapists and community partners
• Supervising trainee child psychotherapists and other therapists
• Keeping abreast of developments in theory and research & undertaking continuing professional development
How it works.....
Psychotherapists, play therapists and social workers are trained in the assessment and treatment of children and young people, and are trained to carefully observe them and respond to what they might be communicating through their behaviour and play.
Approaches are tailored to the individual child and work in an age-appropriate way. Younger children, for example, may play with the toys provided or draw, whilst teenagers may engage by using multi-media tools to talk about their feelings. To a trained eye, play is a powerful form of communication, which may express how children feel and the difficulties they may be experiencing. The relationship between the child and the clinician is central to treatment.